VASHON GREEN SCHOOL
16245 Westside Hwy SW, Vashon
PROGRAM ENROLLMENT CONTRACT 2017-18
When you enroll your child in VASHON GREEN SCHOOL you are committing to make the payments according to the Payment Plan that you designate below. If your child stops attending before the school year/session is up, you still owe the full tuition according to the payment schedule. There will be no reduction of payments due to sickness, family vacations, or any other reason.
Families who wish to leave VASHON GREEN SCHOOL before the end of their contract are required to present their reason in writing. They must also attend a conference with VASHON GREEN SCHOOL mentors to discuss their reasons and allow instructors to address any outstanding issues. Appeals regarding the tuition policy must be submitted in writing to VASHON GREEN SCHOOL, which has the authority to make decisions on a case-by-case basis. Homestead staff and families commit to working through conflicts that arise. VASHON GREEN SCHOOL aims to work with families to find the best fit possible for their child(ren). Given the uniqueness of each situation, VASHON GREEN SCHOOL will strive to find solutions that balance the needs of the school with the needs of the family.
As a parent/guardian to a child(ren) in the VASHON GREEN SCHOOL, you also become an important member and role model in this learning community. You play a vital role in creating the container within which the children of VASHON GREEN SCHOOL thrive and grow. There are a myriad of ways that parents/guardians do this, above and beyond what we define here. Parents are strongly encouraged to sign-up for a role in some of these essential VASHON GREEN SCHOOL practices/activities:
1. Seasonal Celebrations: Deeply rooted in the natural cycles, these gatherings nurture our connection to each other and the environment that sustains us.
2. Annual Work Party: An opportunity for the whole family to join with the rhythms of the land on which your child learns and grows. Time to strengthen bonds with other families
3. Parent Council: A forum to exchange ideas with mentors and other parents. A chance to collaborate in the creation of the culture and curriculum of VASHON GREEN SCHOOL.
4. Field Trips/Events: Children thrive on seeing the family members of their friends, sharing time together and enjoying each other. Field Trips, Camp-outs and the Year End Ceremony are another way we do this.
5. Fundraising: A core element in the healthy functioning of this community. All families are expected to participate in the VASHON GREEN SCHOOL Fundraising efforts.
Registration and Payment
Registration Fee: $50.
Standard Tuition: $7,000.
Materials Fee: $300. This covers high quality art supplies, baking, crafting and building materials. Field trip costs are not included in this fee.
Materials fee due August 1.
Non-Refundable Deposit of $700. Due with registration (folded into tuition)
1. 3 Payments: June 1, August 1, December 1, 2017 ($2100. each)
2. 10 Payments: June 1, 2017 – March 1, 2017($630.each)
3. Alternative Payment Plan/ Financial Aid Request Application
Alternative Payment Plan can be proposed in writing before or with registration.
Deadline for Financial Aid requests is April 18. Please call for an application.
Payments can be made in the following ways:
1. Mailed to 16245 Westside Hwy SW, Vashon, WA, 98070.
2. Electronic-bank payments sent to 16245 Westside Hwy SW, Vashon, WA, 98070
Tuition payments received after due dates for any plan, are subject to a $25 late fee.
I/We ____________________________, ___________________________, [parent(s) or guardians] am/are enrolling ______________________________[child] in VASHON GREEN SCHOOL 2017-18.
I/We have read and agree to the VASHON GREEN SCHOOL Enrollment Contract.
Dana Schuerholz, VASHON GREEN SCHOOL Director date
Parent / Guardian Signature: date
Contact Info: (for each parent)
Home Phone and Text numbers: